Cinnamon rolls are a classic breakfast food, and they also fulfill a craving for something sweet at any time. The same can be said about orange rolls. But what do you do when you want both? You squish a cinnamon roll in an orange peel and toss it in a campfire! The orange peel infuses the cinnamon roll with citrus flavor as it bakes, and it protects the roll from getting burned.
- 1 tube cinnamon rolls (8ct)
- 8 large oranges
- Heavy duty aluminum foil
- Prepare your campfire and heat your coals.
- Cut off the tops of your oranges.
- Scoop out the fruit and set aside (and eat it while you wait for the rolls to bake).
- Place a cinnamon roll in each hollowed orange, and replace the top.
- Wrap each of your oranges in heavy duty foil, and place them on the coals of your campfire.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove them and let cool for a few minutes.
- Carefully unwrap, remove the tops, and drizzle with icing.
Cinnamon rolls baked in oranges are a delicious way to start your day before heading out on the trail, or make a special treat after a long day in the great outdoors. Plus, it’s easy to make enough to feed a group, or you can save them all for yourself!
Follow our Pinterest Board: Camp Food for more delicious inspiration.
Author: Ladies Offroad Network Team
Share with your Facebook Friends:
Share with your Instagram Friends:
Share with your Pinterest Friends: