Charlene is SO EXCITED to be able to offer a 2 day Experience that is undeniably Awesome!
Hope to see you soon!
Join us for 2 full days (20+ hours!) filled with exciting and motivating hands-on offroad training! This is a great opportunity for drivers and co-drivers of every level, beginner to advanced. Bring your gloves and get ready to work on offroad challenges while having fun! No vehicle is necessary. A vehicle and tools will be provided. Space is Limited to keep it personal.
Each 2 day experience brings together a completely different group of ladies that will give the trip it's own flare! We have our general outline and then can get more specific for your needs and wants.
All Inclusive Experience includes 2 Full Days of Hands-On Education, Lunches, Drinks, Snacks and More. This opportunity is a very reasonable $269 value!! ($239 for Members, $199 for Lifetime Members)
You are responsible for your travel to Fresno, CA, overnight accomodations and shopping budget 🙂 We do not provide alcohol, but it is welcome in moderation at the end of the day.
** Refunds are available up to 1 month before the class starts. Otherwise monies go into credit for future experiences with Ladies Offroad Network.
What Could We Learn?
The list of what you learn while you are with us is truly unlimited. Each of the camps is a little different, but you will probably check off most of the following: How to Use Your Winch * Rig Recovery Techniques and Tools * What is a Pull-Pal * How Lockers Work * How to Use a Hi-Lift Jack * How to Plug a Tire * How to Change a Tire * Airing up and Down * When to use 4WD * How Lockers and Sway Bars Work * How to be a great Purchaser of Parts * How to Handle the Steering Wheel * Hood Leveling * 2 Foot Driving * Picking the Right Line * Spotting * How to use a Handheld Rugged Radio * How to Navigate * How to use GPS and Mapping Programs * Parts & Vehicle Breakdown + Anything that you Want To Learn Specifically + tons of Pro Tips and Laughs. We will talk about scenarios and safety situations that surround these activities, all with a hands-on focus to accomplish these heavy tasks as a lady.
Saturday May 6 - You can check-in as early as 8am on Saturday. I suggest that you plan to be there as close to that time as possible. We will have coffee/tea and activities ready for you to participate in while everyone is showing up. The goal would be to have everyone sitting and ready to LEARN no later than 9:00am. We will finish Saturday around 7pm. We will have appetizers available, but not dinner. You are welcome to bring a light cocktail for our evening session.
Sunday May 7 - We will start class at 8am on Sunday. We have a lot to teach still! Our goal is to finish our final activity on Sunday by 5pm. You are welcome to stay later to ask additional questions, or leave to start your drive home.
Oh, Monday! - If you can...take the day off work 🙂 You will thank me later!
Logistics for Fresno, CA Trip
- Specific Location will be texted to you the Thursday before the event.
- Registration will ask you questions about Food and Drink preferences and allergies.
- Confirmation Email will be sent upon signup with a link to our Registered Member Networking area to Join.
- Registered Member Networking area will have detailed additional information for packing, travel, etc.
- There are multiple hotels within minutes. Use Holiday Inn Express at 7115 N Howard St, Fresno, CA 93720 as a target to find your preferred hotel.
- There are no specific overnight accomodations for this event.
- For planning purposes, use Starbucks @ 7658 N Blackstone Ave as a target.
- Offroad Vehicles welcome for Sunday. Please advise what you are bringing. We can accomodate all 4x4 vehicle types.
- Primary is FAT - Fresno Yosemite International Airport
- There is no transportation to/from the airport for this event.
Jeeps, Toyotas, Buggy, SXS or ?
It doesn't matter what kind of offroad vehicle you drive, you are welcome to join us!! You do NOT need a vehicle to participate. We will be working in a closed environment with all the tools you need available. (Just bring gloves!) \
On Sunday we will do some simple behind the wheel training in a closed environment. You are welcome, and encouraged, to bring your offroad vehicle for these exercises. If your vehicle is transported by a trailer please communicated ahead of time for parking purposes.
If you are flying in, are usually a co-driver, or don't have a vehicle yet, you can still join and be a passenger. Trust me, you will have a GREAT time jumping between vehicles! No Stress! (Most ladies claim that they learn more by being a passenger at these events.)
- If you have a GMRS Radio, please bring it. More details in the Registered Member Area.
There is so much more than just offroading...
The unspoken best part about the Skills Camps is getting to know other ladies that are JUST LIKE YOU! Girls that don't mind getting dirt under their nails and wanting to learn about offroading. It is a great time to meet new friends ~ some which have grown into long-term friends over the last few years! Camaraderie and laughing is at the core to this trip. Trust me, I know you think I am nuts putting a whole group of girls together for a weekend...but Trust ME it is amazing to watch you find your tribe! (In 6 years of hosting events I can count 4 personality challenges at an event! Don't let the unknown group stop you!)
And We Eat! While you are with us, we will host you in our fancy style. You will have multiple drink options and snacks all day. Multiple meals will be prepped for Breakfast, Lunch, Appetisers and of course Dessert! When you register you will be asked if you have any food allergies so I can design the perfect menu for the group!
SHOPPING! This event will have a limited store, which will include our entire line of Ladies Offroad Network clothing that we can make on the spot for you! You will also have the opportunity to bring 1 garment to put your choice of Ladies Offroad Network logos on.
RACING! Yes, we race. It's kind of a big deal! Don't worry about pre-planning, you will build your race car while you are here. Everything you need will be provided. We set up a track and then race for time on the leaderboard. It's not competitive or aggressive at all 🙂 Huge Laughs!
ARTS & CRAFTS! We are girls too. 🙂 There are a couple wing projects that you will have the opportunity to complete and take home to enjoy. Yes, as weird as it sounds, it does add value to your offroading education. The specific details I will keep a secret until you join us!
Your Hostess and Instructor
- BFGoodrich Tires Performance Team Member
- Off-Road Motorsports Hall of Fame Industry Rising Star
- Off-Road Motorsports Hall of Fame Impact Award for Advocating for Women
- Certified Trainer by the International 4-Wheel Drive Trainers' Association
- TreadLightly! Board of Directors
- Wilderness First Aid Certified
- 2019-2023 - SEMA Businesswoman's Network Select Committee
- 2014 & 2015: "Fastest Girl Up Backdoor" at the King of the Hammers Backdoor Shootout
- 2016: 1st in Rebelle Rally
- 2016: 2nd in Pro Class at 36 Hours of Uwharrie
- 2015: Took 2nd in RallyVenture
- First female member of the Arizona Undertakers 4x4 Club
- + More Honors