LISTEN to more about the Spring Skills Camp @ 4:00 minute
Watch on Facebook: Click Here
Wednesday March 22 ~ Arrive for check-in at 1pm. We suggest that you have your camping area set-up and settled by 4pm.
Sunday March 26 ~ Leave anytime after breakfast. Check-out at 12pm.
Logistics for Mesa, AZ Trips
- Specific Location will be texted to you before arrival.
- Registration will ask you questions about Food and Drink preferences and allergies.
- Confirmation Email will be sent upon signup with a link to our Registered Member Networking area to Join.
- Registered Member Networking area will have detailed additional information for packing, travel, etc.
- There will be a $22/camping unit per night fee OR $7/vehicle entry fee in addition to registration. Details for camping will be in post email.
- Tent Camping Welcome in all sizes.
- RV Camping Welcome. No Hookups. Generator 10pm-7am quiet time.
- Showers and Bathrooms onsite.
- Please advise if you would like a Camping Package provided. Includes: Tent, Tarp, Air Mattress, Sleeping Bag, Blanket, Pillow, Sheet Set, Towel and Light. Limited to first 8 guests to ask.
Hotels Can be Suggested upon Request, but not recommended due to distance and time.
- Primary is PHX - Phoenix International Airport
- Secondary is AZA - Mesa Gateway Airport
- Please email itinerary including airport so we don't go to the wrong one. It's happened 🙂
- Use Mesa, Arizona as your target location for distance.
- Offroad Vehicles welcome. Please advise what you are bringing. We can accomodate all vehicle types on most days, "less built" offroad vehicles may get to stay in camp for a day or more.
Charlene is SO EXCITED to be able to offer a 5 day Experience that is undeniably Awesome!
Hope to see you soon!
Join us for 3 full days and 2 half days (50+ hours!) filled with exciting and motivating hands-on offroad training! This is a great opportunity for drivers and co-drivers of every level, beginner to advanced. Bring your gloves and get ready to work on offroad challenges while having fun! No vehicle is necessary. A vehicle and tools will be provided. There will be passenger seats for dirt days. Space is Limited to keep it personal.
Each 5 day experience offer a completely different group of ladies that will give the trip it's own flare! We have our general outline and then can get more specific for your needs and wants.
All Inclusive Experience includes 11 Meals, Ground Transportation, 4 Full Days of Hands-On Education, Camping Experience. This opportunity is a very reasonable $499 value!! ($450 for Members, $425 for Lifetime Members)
You are responsible for your travel to Arizona and Shopping Budget 🙂 We do not provide alcohol, but it is welcome in moderation at the end of the day.
** Refunds are available up to 1 month before the class starts. Otherwise monies go into credit for future experiences with Ladies Offroad Network.
What Could We Learn?
The list of what you learn while you are with us is truly unlimited. Each of the camps is a little different, but you will probably check off most of the following: How to Use Your Winch * Rig Recovery Techniques and Tools * What is a Pull-Pal * How Lockers Work * How to Use a Hi-Lift Jack * How to Plug a Tire * How to Change a Tire * Airing up and Down * How to Tie Down * How to Tow * When to use 4WD * How Lockers and Sway Bars Work * How to be a great Purchaser of Parts * How to Handle the Steering Wheel * Being in the Right Gear * Hood Leveling* 2 Foot Driving * 1-2-3 Vision Steps * Picking the Right Line * Spotting * How to use a Handheld Rugged Radio * How to Manage a Trail Ride * How to Navigate * How to use GPS and Mapping Programs * Parts & Vehicle Breakdown + Anything that you Want To Learn Specifically + tons of Pro Tips and Laughs. We will talk about scenarios and safety situations that surround these activities, all with a hands-on focus to accomplish these heavy tasks as a lady.
Jeeps, Toyotas, Buggy, SXS or ?
It doesn't matter what kind of offroad vehicle you drive, you are welcome to join us!! You do NOT need a vehicle to participate. We will be working in a closed environment with all the tools you need available. (Just bring gloves!)
If you bring your vehicle for our adventures I ask that you do a proper pre-check of your vehicle so we can avoid any challenges for the group. If your vehicle is transported by a trailer to and from trails, this will need to be communicated ahead of time. The pace of the group is for 4x4 vehicles.
If you are flying in, are usually a co-driver, or don't have a vehicle yet, you can still join and be a passenger. Trust me, you will have a GREAT time jumping between vehicles! No Stress! (Most ladies claim that they learn more by being a passenger at these events.)
- If you have a GMRS Radio, please bring it. More details in the Registered Member Area.
There is so much more than just offroading...
The unspoken best part about the Skills Camps is getting to know other ladies that are JUST LIKE YOU! Girls that don't mind getting dirt under their nails and wanting to learn about offroading. It is a great time to meet new friends ~ some which have grown into long-term friends over the last few years! Camaraderie and laughing is at the core to this trip. Trust me, I know you think I am nuts putting a whole group of girls together for a weekend...but Trust ME it is amazing to watch you find your tribe! (In 6 years of hosting events I can count 4 personality challenges at an event! Don't let the unknown group stop you!)
And We Eat! While you are with us, we will host you in our fancy style. You will have multiple drink options and snacks all day. Eleven meals will be prepped for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and of course Dessert! When you register you will be asked if you have any food allergies so I can design the perfect menu for the group!
SHOPPING! This event will have a limited store, which will include our entire line of Ladies Offroad Network clothing that we can make on the spot for you! You will also have the opportunity to bring 2 garments to put your choice of Ladies Offroad Network logos on.
RACING! Yes, we race. It's kind of a big deal! Don't worry about pre-planning, you will build your race car while you are here. Everything you need will be provided. We set up a track and then race for time on the leaderboard. It's not competitive or aggressive at all 🙂 Huge Laughs!
ARTS & CRAFTS! We are girls too. 🙂 There are a couple wing projects that you will have the opportunity to complete and take home to enjoy. Yes, as weird as it sounds, it does add value to your offroading education. The specific details I will keep a secret until you join us!
Your Hostess and Instructor
- BFGoodrich Tires Performance Team Member
- Off-Road Motorsports Hall of Fame Industry Rising Star
- Off-Road Motorsports Hall of Fame Impact Award for Advocating for Women
- Certified Trainer by the International 4-Wheel Drive Trainers' Association
- TreadLightly! Board of Directors
- Wilderness First Aid Certified
- 2019-2023 - SEMA Businesswoman's NetworkSelect Committee
- 2014 & 2015: "Fastest Girl Up Backdoor" at the King of the Hammers Backdoor Shootout
- 2016: 1st in Rebelle Rally
- 2016: 2nd in Pro Class at 36 Hours of Uwharrie
- 2015: Took 2nd in RallyVenture
- First female member of the Arizona Undertakers 4x4 Club
- + More Honors