2021 Trail Training
MAY: JOIN NOW
Share with your friends: FB EVENT
Charlene is SO EXCITED to be able to offer the Trail Training Class, with a bonus day!
Hope to see you soon!
Join us for 2 full days (20 hours!) filled with exciting and motivating hands-on offroad training. This is a great opportunity for drivers and co-drivers of every level, beginner to advanced. Bring your gloves and get ready to work on offroad challenges while having fun! No vehicle is necessary. A vehicle and tools will be provided for Saturday. There will be passenger seats for Sunday. Space is Limited to keep it personal.
Recovery skills will include
- How to Use Your Winch
- Rig Recovery Techniques and Tools
- What is a Pull-Pal
- How Lockers Work
- How to Use a Hi-Lift Jack
- How to Plug a Tire
- How to Change a Tire
- Airing up and Down
- How to Tie Down
- When to use 4WD
- How Lockers and Sway Bars Work
- How to be a great Purchaser of Parts
with tons of Pro Tips and Laughs. We will talk about scenarios and safety situations that surround these activities, all with a hands-on focus to accomplish these heavy tasks as a lady.
Then we will talk about Driving Techniques
- How to Handle the Steering Wheel
- Being in the Right Gear
- Hood Leveling
- 2 Foot Driving
- 1-2-3 Vision Steps
- Picking the Right Line
Day 2 is optional where you can join me for a day in the dirt to apply what you learned on Day 1. It will be a casual fun day with other ladies.
This opportunity is a $299 value!
** Refunds are available up to 1 week before the class starts. Otherwise monies go into credit for future experiences with Ladies Offroad Network.
Saturday April 10 ~ 9:30am - 8:30pm
Sunday April 11 ~ 8:30am - 5:30pm
Saturday May 22 ~ 9:30am - 8:30pm
Sunday May 23 ~ 8:30am - 5:30pm
Specific Location will be texted to you before arrival.
Registration will ask you questions about Food and Drink preferences.
Confirmation Email will be sent immediately upon signup with more detail on what to bring, etc.
Need a place to stay?
-> LON Lifetime & Members can request to camp in our yard. (We have camping gear for those flying in)
Hotels Close By We Use Frequently:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix East-Gilbert - 480-218-8000
- Best Western Superstition Springs - 480-641-1164 (cheaper option)
- If you are trying to use your points ~ find a hotel near this Starbucks 🙂 3550 E Southern Ave, Mesa AZ 85204
- Primary is PHX - Phoenix International Airport
- Secondary is AZA - Mesa Gateway Airport
* Please email itinerary including airport so we don't try to pick you up at the wrong one. It's happened 🙂
You will be asked to sign a waiver that includes the paragraph: "I have come to this event under my own free will and understanding of any inherent COVID-19 risks. I have come to this gathering knowing that I am not infected or a transmitter of COVID-19. I understand I have been provided face masks, hand sanitizers, Kleenex and multiple disinfecting stations."
We are not requiring masks be worn, but you are welcome to if that makes you feel comfortable. We want you to be as comfortable in this new world as you can be. All activities will be held OUTSIDE.
Built for Any Vehicle
Jeeps, Toyotas, Buggy, SXS or ?
It doesn't matter what kind of offroad vehicle you drive, you are welcome to join us!! You do NOT need a vehicle either day, but especially not on Saturday - leave it at home. We will be working in a closed environment with all the tools you need available. (Just bring gloves!)
If you join for Sunday's trail adventure (optional) you can either drive or tow your vehicle to the staging area. We will be coming out to the same location to load up your trailer, if necessary. I ask that you do a proper pre-check of your vehicle so we can avoid any challenges for the group.
If you are flying in, are usually a co-driver, or don't have a vehicle yet, you can still join us on Sunday as a passenger. Trust me, you will have a GREAT time jumping between vehicles! No Stress!
- If you have a programmable radio, please have it set to BFG Relay. If not, I will provide you with a Rugged Radio for the day.
The unspoken best part about the Trail Training classes is getting to know other ladies that are JUST LIKE YOU! Girls that don't mind getting dirt under their nails and wanting to learn about offroading. It is a great time to meet new friends ~ some we have watched grow into long-term friends over the last few years!
And We Eat! While you are with us, we will host you in our fancy style. You will have multiple drink options and snacks all day. Lunch will be provided both days and Dinner / Dessert on Saturday night! When you register you will be asked if you have any food allergies so I can design the perfect menu for the group!
SHOPPING! We have a full store set up that you can shop on Saturday. It has Youth and Adult (Newborn to 4XL) Ladies and Mens Tshirts, Sweatshirts and Long Sleeve Shirts. Dog Shirts, Onesies, Hats, Beanies Jewelry, Color Street Nails, DoTerra Oils and of course our entire line of Ladies Offroad Network clothing that we can make on the spot for you!
About Charlene Bower
- BFGoodrich Tires Performance Team Member
- Off-Road Motorsports Hall of Fame Industry Rising Star
- Off-Road Motorsports Hall of Fame Impact Award for Advocating for Women
- Certified Trainer by the International 4-Wheel Drive Trainers' Association
- Wilderness First Aid Certified
- 2019-2021 - SEMA Businesswoman's Network Select Committee
- 2014 & 2015: "Fastest Girl Up Backdoor" at the King of the Hammers Backdoor Shootout
- 2015: Took 2nd in RallyVenture
- 2016: 1st in Rebelle Rally
- 2016: 2nd in Pro Class at 36 Hours of Uwharrie
- First female member of the Arizona Undertakers 4x4 Club